Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fitting

I found it fitting that I read Mark Busse's article Travel IS School (about the importance of traveling for creative professionals) the same day I had planned to write about my magazine Arriba. When I was initially assigned this project I wanted to do a women's interest or knitting magazine. After some thought I realized that both had a much smaller audience and that a travel magazine would be a better piece for my portfolio. 

I took the majority of the photos for the magazine while I was on holidays in Barcelona and the Northern coast of Spain. The trip was amazing, a perfect mix of cultural attractions in Barcelona and Bilbao along with beautiful scenery during my hike along the coast. I am proud of the magazine from a design standpoint but I cherish it more for the memories it captures both through the photos I took and the articles I wrote about my trip for the magazine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment