Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Look Ma, I did it!

During an interview you want to put your best foot forward, sometimes that can cause issues later on when you get the job. Case and point, when asked if I had any web experience I said yes, a bit, not realizing that the eblasts they wanted me to design were quite different than the websites I had experience with.

While this could have gone badly, my enthusiasm and willingness to learn saved me and my employer decided to send me to web school. Most of my classmates were at a different (I'm not sure they knew how to use computers) level than I was so I found the course a bit slow. I also found that I needed to put my web skills to use before I had a chance to brush them up. I MacGyver-ed my way out of it and came up with the eblast below. In addition to this custom eblast I also improved upon the template they had for monthly blasts and designed a template in Mail Chimp for my co-workers to use on a weekly basis.




No comments:

Post a Comment